Barrels on the Brandywine
Barrels on the Brandywine feature tastings of the new developing vintage in barrels, buckets, bottles and more! Enjoy a standard tasting at each of our SIX wineries during weekends in March. Purchase a passport in our online store in advance (we send all online orders via the U.S. Postal Service). Or, purchase at our wineries in advance or on the day of your first visit.
NEW: Visit all six wineries during the month of March. Show your completed passport at the last winery you visit and enter to win a prize pack! We're giving away four tickets and t-shirts for the third annual Brandywine Food & Wine Festival, held June 14, 2014 at the Myrick Conservation Center. There will be several wineries, lots of food, artisan crafts and live music all day! Be sure that you get your chance to win by visiting all six wineries!
**GROUPS: If you are visiting as a group, please contact each individual winery to make an appointment for your arrival. The wineries will plan their staffing according to the number of reservations received. Please note that wineries may have limited group availability, so reserve your preferred time early!**
Black Walnut Winery
3000 Lincoln Highway, Sadsburyville, PA
At BLACK WALNUT WINERY, enjoy barrel tastings of our 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon and 2013 Sauvignon Blanc along with our regular wine tasting.
- All visitors will have one chance to spin the Black Walnut prize wheel – everyone wins a prize!
- Our cellar trolls will be offering up temporary tattoos to anyone who is interested.
- Back by popular demand: complimentary freshly made popcorn!
- During your visit to Black Walnut, sign up for our subscriber list and be entered into a drawing to wine a private wine, cheese & chocolate pairing for 4 people.
These activities will be available during March at our SADSBURYVILLE LOCATION ONLY. Barrels Passports will be honored for a regular wine tasting at our Phoenixville location.
NOTE: Groups of 8 or more MUST make a reservation in advance of arriving at the winery. Buses and limos are not permitted after 3pm any Saturday or Sunday during the month of March. We are willing to open early to accommodate large groups. Please call the winery at (610) 857-5566 to inquire about an early appointment.
332 Indiantown Road
Join us back at the farm under our heated tents! Enjoy free live music. Most days food will be available for purchase. On March 23, partake of some of Kurt's birthday cake! Be sure to try our just released 2013 Leaping Sheep Riesling! We have other exciting specials that will be announced, so be sure to visit our Facebook page for timely updates!
Kreutz Creek Vineyards
553 S. Guernsey Road, West Grove, PA
Experience a "vertical tasting" of 2012 and 2013 Kordeaux. Not sure what a vertical tasting is or why you should be interested in one? Come by and find out! You'll also have the chance to taste our other wines in our standard tasting. And of course, we'll have wine specials all month too!
1833 Flint Hill Road, Landenberg, PA
Paradocx Vineyard will feature their annual "Cheeseburgers in Paradocx" theme for Barrels on the Brandywine. Enjoy the latest Paradocx Vineyard vintages and some juicy burgers! *NEW THIS YEAR*: We're featuring area food trucks each weekend! Come out and try food from:
Surf & Turf on March 1 & 2, The Tot Cart on March 8 & 9 and 22 & 23, Kami on March 15 & 16, The Whirly Pig on March 8 and 22, and Natalie's Fine Food on March 29 & 30.
Patone Cellars will be conducting tastings at Paradocx Vineyard, 1833 Flint Hill Road, Landenberg, during all weekends in March. We apologize for any inconvenience this change of location may cause.
Penns Woods Winery
124 Beaver Valley Road, Chadds Ford, PA
Penns Woods Winery Tasting: $10 and include a tasting of 5 wines, 7 naturally infused olive oils, 4 aged balsamic vinegars, and samples local cheeses (As well as the barrel specials below).
RESERVE TASTING : For an additional $5 you may taste 3 of our most exclusive Red Reserve wines.
Penns Woods Barrels Specials:
- Marked Vintages will be ON SALE as we roll in our newest releases!
- We will be tasting our new release wines!
- Naturally infused olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar tastings!
- Cheese Pairings local cheeses!
- Buy four bottle and get a Penns Woods wine carrier for FREE!
VISIT ON MARCH 15th & 16th and purchase a glass of GREEN WINE in celebration of St. Patrick's Day!
There will be a cork raffle --- guess the amount of corks and win a bottle of wine and tickets to our 4th Annual Wine and Music Festival! (Valued at over $150).
Location All Wineries
Next DateSaturday March 15, 2014, 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
All Dates for Barrels on the Brandywine
- Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm